Saturday, October 6, 2007

Tour De Cure 1/2 Marathon





Well....we made it through our first 1/2 race. Joey came in at 1:55 & I came in at 2:27. We both came in ahead of our goals. It was HOT & HUMID & HILLY. I was ready to stop at mile 9, but I knew Trey was waiting at the end to cheer us to the finish. The worst hill was at mile 12 steep and then continually gradual. I thought at mile 7 I was way off my goal....so I stopped and went to the bathroom.....walked a ways.....secretly hoped the golf cart would pick me up. Once I got to mile 10 I knew I could do it. Thanks to all my friends for their support & encouragement.....and especially the friends that let me use their bathrooms during my long runs....you know who you are!!!!! :) Okay...we are 1/2 way to the full. At least it will be much cooler.......watch Dallas have a freakish snow storm. That would be our luck. I never thought I would be sunburned in October!!!

1 comment:

Vic said...

You are my hero! Proud of you for persevering!