




Well...we did it!! We completed our first marathon. It was quite an experience. I definitely surprised myself and my family and finished almost 20 minutes ahead of my goal time. Joey and I were a bit sore the next day. It was such a better experience than the 1/2 marathon. The course was great, the support along the way was great....but the best was our family and friends there cheering us along the way. My mom even ran a little in order to give my some life saving advil at the half point. I don't know if could have kept pounding the concrete without it!! Thanks to everyone who has supported and encouraged us along this journey. Stay tuned....you never know what will be next!!!
1 comment:
Those last 5 miles are a killer, right? Congrats to the both of you. Who'd have thunk you'd be the runners now and I no longer run. Great job.
Post a Comment